Stronghold, Spearfish or Yankton
Description: Stronghold Counseling Services, a faith-based practice has positions available in Spearfish or Yankton. We are looking for a fully licensed therapist. The qualified applicant will demonstrate self-motivation, a high regard for quality client care, and a commitment to on-going supervision. South Dakota licensure as an LP, LPC-MH, CSW-PIP, or LMFT is required.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please fax, email, or send your resume and cover letter to the information listed below.
Please consider joining our team!
The Compass Center, Sioux Falls
Salary Level: DOE
Reports to: Executive Director; professional practice under the direction of Counselor II
Summary / Objective: The Compass Center, located in Sioux Falls, SD is currently seeking a Counselor I therapist. This position needs a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills who can provide trauma-focused counseling and support to survivors of sexual and domestic violence in an office setting.
- Provide individual and group therapy, advocacy, support, and education to sexual assault and domestic violence clients in accordance with the organization’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide crisis intervention and advocacy to survivors of sexual assault and/or domestic violence who come to The Compass Center is a state of crisis.
- Keep accurate and timely notes on all client contacts.
- Assist with training of volunteers and interns.
- Document contacts with clients and keep necessary statistical information.
- Attend assigned meetings and training.
- Keep abreast of developments in Agency’s areas of services and expertise.
- Member of the 24/7 Rape Crisis Team. Participate in taking on-call shifts with the rest of the staff (about one in every eight weeks).
- Conduct presentations and trainings for The Compass Center, as needed.
- Ethical conduct
- Time management
- Collaboration skills
- Stress management / composure
- Problem solving / analysis
Benefits: 10 paid holidays, PTO accrual, Health, 3% employer funded retirement, comp time for on call responsibilities, option to elect additional supplemental coverage, Dental
Required education and experience:
Master’s degree in counseling. LPC is preferred, but will consider LPC-eligible candidates. MSWs may also apply.
Send a cover letter and resume to Michelle Markgraf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensed Psychologist/Licensed Master's Level Practitioner
Psychological Associates of the Black Hills, Rapid City
DESCRIPTION: Psychological Associates of the Black Hills is seeking a licensed psychologist or licensed master's level practitioner (LPC-MH or LCSW-PIP) to join their busy and well-established group practice.
Psychological Associates has served the Rapid City, SD and surrounding areas since 1981 and offers an individual practitioner many opportunities for building a varied and flexible caseload. We would especially welcome a licensed psychologist with a strong interest in psychological assessment. We offer a stable and collegial group of therapists, with the majority having been with the practice for over 10 years. In addition, we offer full administrative support, private offices, good referral sources and flexible scheduling.
For further inquiries or interest, please contact 605-348-6500 and ask to speak with Lynette Quast, Ph.D. or Trisha Miller, Ph.D.
Family Service Counselor
St. Joseph’s Indian School, Chamberlain, SD 57325
DESCRIPTION: St. Joseph's Indian School is a private, state-of-the-art residential school located on the banks of the Missouri River in Chamberlain, SD. We are currently seeking a Family Service Counselor to provide individual, group and family counseling services for the students we serve.
- Coordinates and engages in individual, group, and family counseling.
- Provides communication between the school and student families/guardians.
- Assists in coordination of interdisciplinary services to students.
A detailed job description is available upon request
- Master’s Degree (Counseling, Sociology, or Psychology)
- Computer literacy
- Licensure preferred
- Evenings and weekend hours are required
- Flexible schedule
- Some travel (driving) is required throughout the state
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with Affordable Premiums
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays
St. Joseph's Indian School is an Equal Opportunity Employer