Stronghold, Spearfish or Yankton
Description: Stronghold Counseling Services, a faith-based practice has positions available in Spearfish or Yankton. We are looking for a fully licensed therapist. The qualified applicant will demonstrate self-motivation, a high regard for quality client care, and a commitment to on-going supervision. South Dakota licensure as an LP, LPC-MH, CSW-PIP, or LMFT is required.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please fax, email, or send your resume and cover letter to the information listed below.
Please consider joining our team!
The Compass Center, Sioux Falls
Salary Level: DOE
Reports to: Executive Director; professional practice under the direction of Counselor II
Summary / Objective: The Compass Center, located in Sioux Falls, SD is currently seeking a Counselor I therapist. This position needs a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills who can provide trauma-focused counseling and support to survivors of sexual and domestic violence in an office setting.
- Provide individual and group therapy, advocacy, support, and education to sexual assault and domestic violence clients in accordance with the organization’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide crisis intervention and advocacy to survivors of sexual assault and/or domestic violence who come to The Compass Center is a state of crisis.
- Keep accurate and timely notes on all client contacts.
- Assist with training of volunteers and interns.
- Document contacts with clients and keep necessary statistical information.
- Attend assigned meetings and training.
- Keep abreast of developments in Agency’s areas of services and expertise.
- Member of the 24/7 Rape Crisis Team. Participate in taking on-call shifts with the rest of the staff (about one in every eight weeks).
- Conduct presentations and trainings for The Compass Center, as needed.
- Ethical conduct
- Time management
- Collaboration skills
- Stress management / composure
- Problem solving / analysis
Benefits: 10 paid holidays, PTO accrual, Health, 3% employer funded retirement, comp time for on call responsibilities, option to elect additional supplemental coverage, Dental
Required education and experience:
Master’s degree in counseling. LPC is preferred, but will consider LPC-eligible candidates. MSWs may also apply.
Send a cover letter and resume to Michelle Markgraf at email@example.com