August Message from the President...
Hello SDCA members and welcome to a brand new year! I can’t believe it is the middle of August and many of you will be heading back to school. I want to wish all of our School Counselors a great start. I just wanted to briefly update members on some dates coming up so mark your calendars!
- Midwest Leadership Institute - October 14th-16th, 2016 Minneapolis, MN
This is a great opportunity for emerging leaders! Register Online
- Call for Programs for our annual conference in May of 2017 will be coming out soon. These are due October 15th.
- Day on the Hill - January 20th, 2017 Pierre, SD
- ACA - March 16th - 19th, 2017 San Francisco, CA
- SDCA Annual Conference - May 4th -6th, 2017 Best Western Plus Ramkota Hotel and Convention Center, Sioux Falls, SD
ain, one goal for us this year is to facilitate some additional professional development opportunities for members including six-one hour webinars in which free CE's will be earned. If you have input on topics you would like to see email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The board has also made the decision to continue with the online Zoom program. If anyone would like to hold meetings via distance we will provide that as an organization. Contact Rebecca at email@example.com for more information or if you would like to hold a meeting.
Also, Make sure to renew your membership as July 1st was the start of the new fiscal year. We have updated the website to provide online registration and you can renew at www.sdcounseling.org. Be sure to like us on Facebook and continue to check the website for updated information!
Erin Stolsmark MS, NCC, LPC-MH, LAC, QMHP
2016-2017 SDCA President
“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.”