May Message from the President...
I can’t believe May is already here. I would like use this message to share some wonderful recent events.
SDCA Conference: The 2016 SDCA Conference was held in Aberdeen April 28-30th. Counselors: Mental Health Super Heroes was this year’s theme. Visit the SDCA Facebook page to see fun photos from the awards banquet (they will be on the SDCA website soon). Thank you to all 230 attendees who made the 2016 conference magnificent.
Key Notes: Dr. Brad Erford shared a great Keynote on “Managing Stress from the Inside Out” Julia Cook also presented several break-out sessions an Opening Session on building resiliency skills in clients.
2016 Award Winners:
- E. Gordon Poling Administrator Award: Wendy Smith
- Marvin Kemp Award: Kim Goebel
- Mary Lark Humanitarian Award: Doug Hoisington
- Mavis Booze Mentoring Award: Rebecca Christiansen
- Counselor of the Year: Linda Schoepp
- Special Contributions: NAMI
Social Events: SDCA has been trying to offer more social events for networking at conference. This year to keep our attendees on site and mingling with each other North Central Chapter sponsored a magician to entertain attendees on Thursday evening. On Friday after the awards banquet Karaoke was held. If you have ideas about social events or other ways SDCA members can networking into the evening, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Healthy Relationships Workshop: Sioux Chapter June 9&10
- 2016 ASCA Conference, New Orleans, LA, July 9-12th
- 2016 ACA Institute for Leadership, Washington DC July 27-29th
SDCA President 2015-2016